- The theme for the photo contest is “Dog and Trainer in Action.”
- All entries must be candid.
- Flash photography shall not be used during the shoot.
- Images submitted must be in full color; Composite images and digital alteration like adding or removing of any part of the image is disallowed. Post processing is limited to cropping and global settings.
- Final entries shall be submitted in an unmounted 4 inch x 6 inch photo print with or without borders, with the photographer’s ID number indicated at the back of the photo. The high resolution JPEG file (edited file) of the images/s in CD format with the name of the photographer on the CD is to be submitted together with the entries in a sealed envelope bearing the name of the photographer on the upper left corner. Submitted entries must be taken on the days of the event only. Failure to comply will result in disqualification of the said entry.
RELEVANCE TO THE THEME
COMPOSITION AND BALANCE
QUALITY OF IMAGE (SHARPNESS, EXPOSURE, LIGHTING)
CREATIVITY AND ORIGINALITY
HOW TO JOIN
- The photography contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers who register for the contest. There must be at least twelve (12) duly registered participants for the photo contest to be valid, otherwise it shall be declared as a no contest.
- Pre-registration starts May 11, 2013 until May 21, 2013 at K9 CARE DOG SPORT CLUB Office at the Village Carwash, Labangon branch (across Cheavers Labangon) Katipunan, Tisa Cebu City. On-site registration will also be available during the event on May 25-26 at IT Park.
- Registration fee is ONE HUNDRED PESOS (P100) non-refundable.
- A maximum of Ten (10) photos may be submitted by each registrant. Excess photos shall be charged at an additional fee of P5.00 each. Only 10 excess photos are allowed.
- All photos should be taken during the First Philippine Dog Agility Championship on May 25-26, 2013, 3pm, at IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City.
- Deadline for submission of entries will be on May 28, 2013 at 6:00 pm at K9 CARE DOG SPORT CLUB Office at the Village Carwash, Labangon branch.
- Judging will be on May 29, 2013.
- Awarding is on May 31, 2013.
- No watermarks, identifying marks or signature will be allowed for images entered into the competition. Entries shall not infringe on the copyrights, trade marks or any other intellectual property rights or contract rights of any third parties, or violate anyone's right of privacy.
- By joining this contest, all entries and finalists agree that the royalty of the photographer shall not apply every time the Philippine Dog Athletic Association (PDAA) will use the photos and grants the same royalty-free worldwide exclusive licence to display and reproduce the photo/s for promotional purposes. Rights to all entries shall beling exclusively to the Philippine Dog Athletics Association (PDAA). The photographer may not use the photographs or variation of that same composition for any other purpose except for his personal portfolio. Photographers will be given photocredits every time applicable.
THE FIRST PHILIPPINE
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Open to amateur and professional photographers
First Prize - P10,000
Second Prize - P5,000
Third Prize - P3,000